May 6, 2012

Beef and Stout Stew

I had some stewing beef that needed to be used and my Imperial Stout to cook it with. It turned out pretty well so I thought I'd record it for future reference.


Ingredients:
750g cubed gravy beef
2 carrots cut into chunks
2 sliced onions
4 cloves of crushed garlic
330ml of my Imperial Stout
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 handful of barley
Bunch of silverbeet
Salt and pepper

Method:
Brown the beef and set it aside, fry the onions in some oil, added the garlic and cayenne pepper. Then chuck in some beer to deglaze the bottom of the pot, give it a stir and add the rest. Chuck in the carrots and beef and put it into the oven on low heat for as long as it takes for the meat to get tender. Add barley with around 45 minutes to go. Chop the silverbeet and stir it in when it's ready to serve.

I enjoy cooking but haven't done much over the last couple of years. I'll have to learn more about cooking with beer and matching beer and food. Sadly the stocks of my Imperial Stout are running low. I'll have to get brewing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...